The Cedar Hill Food Pantry is a community-wide effort to alleviate hunger in our city. We are pledged by our by-laws to provide food and other assistance, without discrimination, to eligible needy families living in the Cedar Hill Independent School District.
Food pantry, pregnancy center, transitional housing for women with children, STD testing
The White Rock Center of Hope is a community coalition of individuals,
civic and social organizations, and over 50 Member Churches united to provide
emergency aid and steps toward self-sufficiency to their neighbors.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 9:00am to 2:00pm, Saturdays 9:00am to Noon, and the 2nd and 3rd Thursday evening of the month from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Serves the following zip codes: 75218, 75228, 75238, 75214, 75223
The Urban Inter-Tribal Center of Texas opened in 1971 as a result of several years of collaboration among American Indian community leaders and with voluntary, part-time medical providers. Since the late 1970s, funding from Indian Health Service, a branch of the US Department of Health & Human Services, along with other subsequent funding streams, has enabled the Center to expand its services to include dental, pharmacy, job training, employment, education, mental health and substance abuse counseling, emergency assistance services, a food pantry, and HIV outreach/education.
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the vulnerable reach their full potential.
• To engender a commitment to our mission through our visionary, proactive, accountable and responsible leadership for those we serve
• To be viewed as the premier, highest quality human services provider in the communities we serve
• To continue to develop and implement the most innovative and high quality programs and services that improve the emotional, spiritual and physical quality of life for those we serve as well as our entire organization
• That those served by Volunteers of America Texas will in turn serve others
• To engage the broader communities we serve in using their time, talents and resources to join us in our ministry of service
• To play a key role in the restoration of the social conscience in the fabric of society
State wide agency.
Assistance Helpline: Provides information and referrals for people in crisis.
Licensed Professional Counseling- FREE. Individual, family, marriage, mental health, SVDP clinets, crisis assessment, and case managment assistance for SVDP members.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes- FREE. DISD teachers instruct adult students in learning the English language.
Wilkinson Center is a leading poverty rescue and prevention agency for the working poor, serving over 14,000 people annually, mainly in East and Southeast Dallas. Wilkinson Center offers hope, inspiration, and the basic necessities and tools to empower its clients to become self-sufficient and improve their lives.
Temporary long term emergency housing for homeless women and children who are victims of domestic violence.
Other services include job training and placement domestic violence prevention counseling.
Must have been a victim of domestic violence within the last year to stay in the residential facilities.
24 Hour Text – 972-591-SAFE (7233)
Having identification and a social security card are highly recommended to help the process of getting into the facility, but Women in Need will still try to provide assistance without these items.
There are also non-residential programs that help women pay various bills and expenses if the funds are available. A support group for victims of domestic violence meets on Tuesday and Thursday nights.